Summer is coming to a close but that doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy some refreshing summer beverages while I still can! My favorite summer drink have been mocktails, of course – which have been so fun to make!
This Hibiscus Watermelon Agua Fresca was inspired by the Mural Agua Fresca beer brewed by Colorado’s own New Belgium Brewing Company – which was a summer hit in our household! Not wanting to miss out on the fun, I batched up my own Agua Fresca – brimming with fresh watermelon, oranges, lime, and hibiscus tea!
Agua frescas are popping up on menus everywhere this summer. Typically, agua frescas a Mexican and Central American drink made with fresh fruit, sugar, and water. Simple enough to whip up on a hot day when friends are over!
I made my agua fresca with a hibiscus tea and very little sweetener – so it sits somewhere between a flavored iced tea and the fruity agua fresca. My favorite tea to use for this recipe is the Tazo Passion blend – it’s got a citrusy flavor that works well in this mocktail!
Grab a glass and cheers!Print
Hibiscus Watermelon Agua Fresca
A light and refreshing summer beverage.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Beverages
- 6 cups hot water
- 3 Tazo Passion Blend tea bags
- 2 cups of watermelon (frozen is fine)
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 4 cups of ice
- Mint (for garnish)
- In a large heat safe pitcher, pour hot water over the 3 tea bags.
- Let steep for 6 minutes. Remove tea bags and allow to cool.
- In a blender, blend watermelon, 1/4 cup of the tea, and lime juice until smooth.
- Add orange slices, agave nectar and watermelon to the tea and stir thoroughly.
- Add ice and serve garnished with mint, if desired.