Caramel Apple Sundae
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Caramel Apple Crumble Frozen Dessert
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil divided in two
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
To Make the Caramel Apple Topping & Caramel Sauce:
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp. of coconut oil, brown sugar, lemon juice, and apples.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until apples are softened.
- Remove apples and thicken the brown sugar caramel sauce left in the pan until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Set Aside.
To make the Crunchy Topping:
- In a small sauce pan, melt 1 tbsp. coconut oil.
- Add gluten-free oats and vanilla and chopped pecans.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until toasted, stirring constantly.
Making the Sundae:
- Scoop a generous serving (one serving is 2/3 cup) of the So Delicious Caramel Apple Crumble Oatmilk Frozen Dessert into each bowl.
- Top with warm apples, warm crunchy topping, and caramel sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
The apples, caramel sauce, and oat topping can be made in advance – just heat up before serving.