- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 box crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 9 oz Italian Chicken Sausage
- 2 flatbreads
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- .25 oz fresh oregano
- In a small saucepan, combine the garlic, tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and bayleaf. Let simmer until you are ready to assemble the flatbreads.
- Cut zucchini and fennel into slices. Season vegetables with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning. Toss with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Preheat oven using the broiler to 500 degrees.
- Evenly arrange zucchini and fennel on the baking sheet.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes watching carefully to avoid burning the veggies. Broil until the fennel and zucchini are lightly browned and soft.
- While the veggies are roasting, remove the chicken sausages from the casings.
- In a sautée pan, heat 2 tsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add in chicken sausage and season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook sausage for 4-6 minutes until browned.
- Assemble the flatbreads on a baking sheet by layering with some tomato sauce, mozzarella, zucchini, fennel, and sausage.
- Bake flatbreads in a 400 degree oven for 4-6 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with some fresh oregano and fennel fronds enjoy! Use leftover sauce over pasta for lunch the next day!