Editors Note: Thank you Silk® for sponsoring this post!
Fall is my favorite season. I love the smell of pumpkin spice in the air, the crisp cool, and pie. Who can resist pie? But while I can’t wait for fall to be in full swing, I still miss the bounties of summer – the sweet, juicy fruit, the carefree days in the yard, ice cream… September is always a weird month for me.
With my case of Palisade peaches coming to full ripeness, I felt like it was time to make the most of the season – with a Cinnamon Spice Peach Crumble! It’s the perfect compromise to end summer and get in the swing of fall. Not too heavy like those Thanksgiving pies, but still full of the good spices; warm, but still served with ice cream – the perfect nod to the end of summer!
This peach crumble has a unique crumb… it’s part flaky pie crust, part streusel – but it’s dairy free and vegan. What, what?!
In order to make this dessert dairy free (and pass the taste test of my dairy loving husband); I used Silk Oat Yeah! Oatmilk and vegetable shortening to replace the traditional milk and butter you’d use in pie crust. All the creaminess, with a nice malt flavor – but none of the dairy! My husband was none the wiser!
Keep an eye out on the Sprouts Mobile app this month for a BOGO deal on Silk Oat Yeah! Oatmilk – it’s a great time to try going plant based or take a step towards your goals of making the world a little bit better.
Silk® is part of Danone North America, a Certified B Corporation®, meaning it’s part of a global community of companies using business as a force for good. You can read more about the efforts Silk is making here. Now you can eat your pie and feel good about it too!Print
Cinnamon Spice Peach Crumble
For the crust / crumble topping:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsps vegetable shortening, chilled
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp Silk® Oat Yeah™ Oatmilk – Plain
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the filling:
- 10 peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
Optional: 2 scoops So Delicious® Dairy Free Vanilla Almondmilk Frozen Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, shortening, and oatmilk in a bowl until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Add oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and mix. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish, arrange a layer of sliced peaches.
- Mix salt, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and pie spice throughly.
- Sprinkle roughly 1/3 of the sugar mixture on the first layer of peaches.
- Arrange another layer of peaches and top with another layer of sugar two more times.
- Crumble the crust mixture evenly on top of the filling.
- Bake 45 minutes – 1 hr or until the crust is golden and the peaches are fork tender.
- Serve warm topped with dairy free vanilla frozen dessert if desired!