I’ve been making this vegan mocha as a replacement to my expensive and unhealthy Starbucks addiction for as long as I can remember! They a so easy to make (4-5 ingredients depending on if you want protein or not), and perfect for the mornings when you really need your coffee. This mocha has zero refined sugar, is dairy free, and gluten free so you can feel good about starting your day with a rich coffee without messing up your diet!
I love drinking this mocha cold – I’m not a fan of hot beverages. You can of course make this a hot drink. But, as heat often denatures nutrients and proteins, sip this cold for the most health benefits.
Nutrient Packed Vegan Mocha
My favorite part of this mocha is that it’s filled with good for you ingredients! I can feel good about drinking my coffee knowing that I will be full and I’m fueling my body AND my need for caffeine. 😉
- Bananas: Chock full of potassium and fiber, bananas provide this drink with a rich creaminess as well as a little natural sugar. They keep you full too!
- Dark Cocoa Powder: Dark chocolate is known to have good antioxidants. Using dark cocoa powder means no refined or extra sugar or dairy goes into the drink. Plus, chocolate.
- Almond Milk: Almond milk adds protein and a little bit of creaminess to the drink. If you’re not vegan, or have a nut allergy, you can swap out for regular milk.
- Vegan Protein Powder (optional): Pea protein powder adds a boost of protein and adds extra creaminess to the coffee. Perfect if you’re drinking this after a workout!
- Coffee: Caffeine has potential positive effects on people’s ability to focus. It’s perfect to give you an extra boost to wake up in the morning and focus on that workout or get prepped for work!
Creamy Vegan Mocha
Getting healthy? Try this dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, Creamy Vegan Mocha to start off your day right!
- Category: Beverage, Breakfast
- 1 medium bananas
- 1 tsp instant coffee (Substitute 1 cup of cold brewed coffee if you prefer)
- 2 tsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate vegan pea protein powder (*optional)
- If you are not using instant coffee, brew 1 cup of coffee. Allow to cool by adding 6 ice cubes.
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.