Garlic & Lemon Orzo with Grilled Halloumi
- 2 cup Lemon and Garlic Orzo (Papparedelle’s, or plain orzo is fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz. halloumi cheese
- 1 tbsp za’tar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 10–15 grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook orzo according to package instructions.
- Slice the halloumi into 1 cm thick slices.
- Crust with za’tar.
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add halloumi to the oil and grill each side for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- Add garlic and shallots and sautée for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and allow to blister.
- Finally, add orzo.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Finish with lemon juice.
- Top with halloumi and serve!