Happy Memorial Day Weekend! With all the Memorial Day BBQ’s to attend and host this weekend, I thought I’d share one of my favorite make ahead recipes with you. These cute, gluten free No Bake Berry Cobblers are served individually in little mason jars and can be prepared ahead of time for a less stressful Memorial Day Weekend! It’s the perfect dessert to tie together your next Memorial Day or Fourth of July parties this summer!
To make these festive single- serving desserts, I found these cute little mason jars and some festive ribbon. Make sure to clean the jars out throughly before making your cobbler. For an extra festive touch, I used a small star shaped cookie or vegetable cutter to cut sliced strawberries into little stars. These are cute as toppings on your cobbler as well as in drinks! I can’t ever get enough of my little cutters – they make cooking so fun!
To make this recipe gluten free – make sure your oats and ice cream are gluten free. It never hurts to be sure that your ingredients are gluten free when your guests have gluten allergies! To make these cobblers ahead of time, make the filling and topping ahead of time and fill in the jars. Seal the jars and store in the refrigerator. When serving, just remove the lids and top with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream and some fresh berries! Voila – a cool treat to make you the coolest host.
No Bake Berry Cobbler
Try this berry cobbler for the cutest make ahead, single serving, no bake dessert for your next party!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 4 4 oz mason jars (clean and dry)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups frozen berries (blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Optional Toppings for Serving
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries (sliced or cut into shapes)
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- In a small sauce pan, melt 1 tbsp unsalted butter. Add in frozen berries, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Cook berries until soft and juice is reduced about 25%. This will thicken up in the fridge.
- In a small pan, melt 2 tbsp of unsalted butter. Add in gluten free oats and brown sugar. Cook until oats are golden and the topping clumps up.
- In a mason jar, fill 4/5 of the way with berry mixture. Fill the remainder of the jar with the cobbler topping (oat mixture).
- Seal and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When serving, top with a generous scoop of vanilla icing and fresh berries.