Editor’s Note: Thank you to So Delicious Dairy Free for sponsoring this post.
It’s back to school time again (where has the summer gone?!) – which means earlier start times and morning routines! The little cinnamon roll has been craving smoothies and sweet things lately, so a hearty breakfast is imperative to stave off morning sickness.
Of course, waking up and cooking a full breakfast is tough on a busy work day so I’ve been meal prepping my breakfast smoothies!
On Sundays, I portion out smoothie ingredients into individual mason jars. I even found these cute straw lids to make on the go breakfast so easy! Then, in the morning, all I have to do is put the ingredients in a blender, add in my dairy-free yogurt alternative, blitz, and voila! Breakfast in seconds.
One of the hardest things about this pregnancy is making sure I eat lots of fresh fruits and fill up on my nutrients, specifically calcium – which is tough in the early stage! Especially when all you want to do is eat mashed potatoes for every meal.
That’s why I filled up this Rise and Shine smoothie with filling oats (yay fiber) and So Delicious Dairy Free Coconutmilk yogurt alternative. I love the creaminess of the peach flavor and love that it is a good source of my daily value of calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin B12. Plus, it allows me to follow a plant based diet!Print
Rise and Shine Smoothie (Vegan)
A dairy free breakfast – great for busy moms and kids on school and work days!
- 1 5.3 oz So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Yogurt Alternative – Peach Flavor
- 1/2 cup frozen cubed pitaya
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup instant oats
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup coconutmilk
- Meal prep ingredients by portioning fruit and oats into a mason jar. Freeze until the night before use, then transfer to the refrigerator.
- Add prepped fruit and oats to a blender.
- Add yogurt alternative and coconutmilk.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Return to mason jar and enjoy!