- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup corn, cut
- 1 large hatch green chile, diced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely diced
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Polenta Corn Grits
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsps salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 sprig rosemary (garnish, optional)
- Heat a wide saucepan on medium heat. Add oil and warm until it moves easily.
- Add hatch chile and shallot. Cook for 1-2 minutes before stirring.
- Add corn. Allow to cook 1-2 minutes between stirring.
- Add garlic. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour milk and water into the pan, scraping the fond (or the dark bits) off the bottom and into the liquid.
- Add butter and bring to a boil.
- Add the grits and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. If the mixture starts getting too thick, add 2 tbsps water and continue stirring.
- Once cooked, serve hot, garnished with rosemary if desired.