- 1 large jalapeño
- 1/2 small lime
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 cup ice
Prepping the glass and garnish:
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar ((optional))
- 1 tsp red chili powder ((optional))
- 2 slices fresh lime
- 1 slices jalapeño
To make the margarita:
- Muddle the jalapeño and the lime thoroughly in a cocktail shaker or pitcher.
- Add the fresh lime, lemon, and orange juices, the agave nectar, tequila, and ice. Stir or shake well.
- In a small saucer, mix the salt, sugar, and red chili powder.
- Rub 1 lime wedge / slice around the glass so the rim is sticky. Dip in the salt / sugar / red chili powder mixture.
- Fill rimmed glass with ice. Strain margarita mixture over ice.
- Garnish with the lime slice and jalapeño slices.