Editor’s Note: This post is sponsored by Danone North America. All opinions are my own.
Nothing says “let’s stay in and have breakfast in bed” to me than a good biscuit. And even better when that biscuit is vegan and accompanied by a delicious fresh fruit jam! MMM cozy!
I love these biscuits because you’ll have no idea that they are vegan! They even passed the taste test of my certainly-not-a-vegan husband!
To make the biscuits vegan, I swapped out the standard dairy for So Delicious Coconutmilk. It comes in a shelf stable and a refrigerated version, which makes it ideal for anyone just trying out the non-dairy plant based lifestyle!
So Delicious, as a part of their parent company, Danone North America has also made a commitment to sustainability by becoming a Certified BCorporation®! For those of us going plant based to reduce our impact on this world, Danone’s commitment makes So Delicious my number one choice for dairy alternatives.
In order to get a flaky texture, you’ll want to keep everything as cold as possible. Vegan butter tends to be soft even after refrigeration so keeping the other ingredients cold will help make the biscuits the right texture.
I use a pastry cutter to mix all the ingredients so my hands don’t warm anything up. I’ll also put the biscuit dough back in the fridge before baking as well.
Nothing completes this dish other than some fresh blackberry jam. Only two ingredients required – fresh blackberries and sugar! I get my blackberries and all the other ingredients for this dish from my local Sprouts Farmer’s Market. They often have great deals on their mobile app!Print
Vegan Biscuits with Blackberry Jam
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp + 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsps vegan butter
- 1/2 c So Delicious Unsweetened CoconutMilk
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp water
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) in a bowl.
- Cut the vegan butter into 1/4 tsp pieces and chill. Using a pastry cutter or a food processor, mix the dry ingredients and vegan butter until a scraggly dough is formed.
- Add the So Delicious Coconutmilk and mix until incorporated.
- Place dough in the freezer for 10 minutes while the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Once the oven is preheated, remove the dough from the freezer and cut or roughly shape into biscuit rounds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits are golden.
- Serve with jam.
For the jam:
- In a small pot, mix blackberries (you can purée them if you’d like), water, and sugar.
- Allow mixture to come to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Cool and serve!
Doesn’t this just make you want to take a nice staycation and have a relaxing weekend with those who matter most? It does for me! Let me know what you think in the comments below!