- 400 g whole wheat bread flour
- 100 g plain bread flour
- 15 g yeast
- 10 g salt
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp carraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp raw pepitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/5 cups + 5 tsp cold water
- bench flour
- olive oil for the bowl
- Combine bread ingredients in a bowl or in a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment until a ball forms.
- Knead dough until smooth, using bench flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the work surface.
- Oil a large bowl – ideally a bowl larger than double the size of the dough as it will need to rise.
- Place the kneaded dough ball into the oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for an hour to an hour and twenty minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and transfer it to a loaf pan, rising basket, or put it back in the oiled bowl for the second rise.
- Cover and return to a warm place. Allow the dough to double in size again. This process should take about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the dough in a loaf pan, or turn out onto a lightly floured cookie sheet. Bake for 30 – 45 minutes until the loaf is golden brown on the outside and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before slicing and serving.